Skip to main content

The remarkable X100

The Fujifilm Finepix X100

This was the camera that started everything for Fujifilm and turned it into the company it has become today.

This was a seminal camera and it absolutely changed everything, there wasn't anything like it in the market and the reviewers were highly complimentary.

They made statements like " amazing" " more Leica than a Leica" "A real game changer" It won awards for its design and image quality.

It was an amazing time for Fujifilm and I strongly believe that this camera designed and manufactured in Japan was some of their finest pieces of photographic equipment.

It's 12mp sensor was talked about so much as it was the first camera to not have a anti alaising filter over the sensor. The original Bayer sensor seems to have the original feeling of what the Fujifilm designers envisaged. I find now 12mp to be plenty for large prints and beautiful colours.

Many reviews of the camera complained of the slow focus speed and soft nature at f2. These were fixed in later iterations of the model but the softness of the f2 lens wide open wasn't fixed until the X100V. I recently sold the beautiful X100V as I have said before I actually do prefer the "older " camera

There is much discussion about megapixel amounts thses days but again how much do we really need? Hardly anyone prints anything now and Instagram images can be photographed using a phone. I have printed images from this little classic and they look fantastic! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuji X100V Daily Photos

Fuji X100V Daily So I decided to build a blog about daily photos with my beautiful Fuji X100V I have been a Fuji X photographer for over 10 years and especially the X100. The fixed lens really helps with creativity This image was shot underneath my car port The top light really helped with the shadows I have found walking out and about with my camera a mindful experience, it helps you balance with nature and slow down in this difficult world. The leaves above seem to show sadness at the change of the seasons resting peacefully on a fallen tree  Exposure wise for those that are photographers 1/30 sec shutter speed f 3.6 ISO 500, it’s easy to handhold the X100V for a shot like this. I suppose some would ask why not use a phone for these shots? I understand this but being a photographer you need to use a camera!

Down to the park

Back to Hughenden park... A little picture heavy today but the sun was out and Hughenden park looked fabulous  Indi loves being out down there her tail was wagging quite a lot  It was a bit of struggle to get Indi into my car which is a Toyota IQ a great small runabout but not ideal GSD transport!

A wet winters day muddy walk

On our daily trudge this Sunday  We took our usual stroll through a bleak rainy Sunday winters day, the weather was wet and the general view was colourless so I decided to search for colour. From the Ivy’s deep green and the moss that adorned the wooden branches, one shot I walk under every day so it pays to look up! I start the images with a shot on my Pixel 4A showing the rain on my X100V So when am I getting my breakfast dad?