Skip to main content

Digital Detox

 I was becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of control our so called "Smartphones" have over us. There were instances when a subject I was talking about or emailing became part of my chosen search engine feed.

It came to a head when I honestly got so sick of my phone I switched it off and went without,

It prompted me to search for the Lightphone 2 and it's funny how the search engine gods don't proffer me with details of this device in my feed - I wonder why? I decided to order one from the American company run by two people who became fed up with their big tech overlords

So it was delivered and a very easy set up all through an account and I have been using it as my only device ever since for 5 days and I am more peaceful and more " in the moment"

 Photos below and a link if you want to know more

The light phone 2 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuji X100V Daily Photos

Fuji X100V Daily So I decided to build a blog about daily photos with my beautiful Fuji X100V I have been a Fuji X photographer for over 10 years and especially the X100. The fixed lens really helps with creativity This image was shot underneath my car port The top light really helped with the shadows I have found walking out and about with my camera a mindful experience, it helps you balance with nature and slow down in this difficult world. The leaves above seem to show sadness at the change of the seasons resting peacefully on a fallen tree  Exposure wise for those that are photographers 1/30 sec shutter speed f 3.6 ISO 500, it’s easy to handhold the X100V for a shot like this. I suppose some would ask why not use a phone for these shots? I understand this but being a photographer you need to use a camera!

Down to the park

Back to Hughenden park... A little picture heavy today but the sun was out and Hughenden park looked fabulous  Indi loves being out down there her tail was wagging quite a lot  It was a bit of struggle to get Indi into my car which is a Toyota IQ a great small runabout but not ideal GSD transport!

A wet winters day muddy walk

On our daily trudge this Sunday  We took our usual stroll through a bleak rainy Sunday winters day, the weather was wet and the general view was colourless so I decided to search for colour. From the Ivy’s deep green and the moss that adorned the wooden branches, one shot I walk under every day so it pays to look up! I start the images with a shot on my Pixel 4A showing the rain on my X100V So when am I getting my breakfast dad?