Skip to main content

A change for this blog!

Back to the Fujifilm Finepix X100

I made the decision to permanently go back to my original Fujifilm Finepix X100.
I bought this for my 50th birthday nearly 10 years ago and I am planning to use it full time once again. The X100V whilst a technical marvel and wonderful camera seems to be without "soul" anymore to me. It's actually so good it makes it very difficult to take a bad photograph! 
Then Fujifilm Finepix X100 is the Bayer sensor and at 12mp gives more film like quality to my images.
I don't doubt I will miss the speed of focus and high ISO clean images, the MKII lens on the V is amazing at f2. The original not so sharp at f2.
No WiFi , very few film simulations, fixed screen and low Res EVF

So here we are at the turn of my 60th year going back to the Fujifilm Finepix X100.

Below is my dear friend Indi and she is relaxing in her dri dog bag after a very early walk today for those that are interested this was at ISO 2000 not bad, not bad at all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuji X100V Daily Photos

Fuji X100V Daily So I decided to build a blog about daily photos with my beautiful Fuji X100V I have been a Fuji X photographer for over 10 years and especially the X100. The fixed lens really helps with creativity This image was shot underneath my car port The top light really helped with the shadows I have found walking out and about with my camera a mindful experience, it helps you balance with nature and slow down in this difficult world. The leaves above seem to show sadness at the change of the seasons resting peacefully on a fallen tree  Exposure wise for those that are photographers 1/30 sec shutter speed f 3.6 ISO 500, it’s easy to handhold the X100V for a shot like this. I suppose some would ask why not use a phone for these shots? I understand this but being a photographer you need to use a camera!

Down to the park

Back to Hughenden park... A little picture heavy today but the sun was out and Hughenden park looked fabulous  Indi loves being out down there her tail was wagging quite a lot  It was a bit of struggle to get Indi into my car which is a Toyota IQ a great small runabout but not ideal GSD transport!

A wet winters day muddy walk

On our daily trudge this Sunday  We took our usual stroll through a bleak rainy Sunday winters day, the weather was wet and the general view was colourless so I decided to search for colour. From the Ivy’s deep green and the moss that adorned the wooden branches, one shot I walk under every day so it pays to look up! I start the images with a shot on my Pixel 4A showing the rain on my X100V So when am I getting my breakfast dad?